Dr. Abel M.S. Katahoire is a registered Electrical Engineer, and a graduate from the University of Nairobi, University of Windsor, and the University of Manitoba, Canada, where he gained his B.Sc in Electrical Engineering (Hons), M.A. Sc (Electrical Engineering) and PhD degrees, respectively. He is currently the Managing Director and founding partner (in 1981) of Multi-Konsults Ltd, an Engineering Services Consultancy Company. He has had over ten years’ experience as a University Lecturer, Senior Lecturer and Head of Department of Electrical Engineering at Makerere University. He has held various responsibilities including; Chairman Uganda Association of Consulting Engineers, President (1993/94) and Vice President (1989/93) Uganda Institution of Professional Engineers, Member Engineers’ Registration Board (1988/1990), Honorary Secretary of the Uganda Institution of Professional Engineers (1984/1989), National Coordinator of wind power research for African Energy Programme of the Commonwealth Science Council, Coordinating Secretary and Editor of the national paper for the United Nations Conference of Energy (1981), External Examiner in heavy current subjects for the University of Dar-es-salaam and the University of Nairobi and former Treasurer of Uganda National Academy of Sciences. In addition he has served the country as founding Chairman, Uganda Communications Commission (1998/2010), founding Vice Chairman of Kyambogo University Council, founding Council Member, and Uganda National Bureau of Standards. Dr. Abel Katahoire is a Fellow of Uganda National Academy of Sciences.
Engineer Dr. A.M-S. Katahoire, is a Consulting Engineer in private practice under MULTI-KONSULTS Limited for the last 36years in this country and the region.
He has been responsible for the successful provision of electrical and mechanical engineering services in a number of national projects over the years, such as:-
- Mandela National Stadium – Nambole
- Rehabilitation and Renovation of the then Nile Hotel and International Conference Centre and later Supervision of services during remodeling to Kampala Serena Hotel
- Rehabilitation and Improvements to Entebbe International Airport Terminal Building (1988 – todate in different phases)
- Redevelopment of State House, Entebbe
- Design and Supervision of Construction of the extension and distribution of electricity supply network in various parts of the country under the Rural Electrification Programme, over 3000km of medium voltage and over 2000km of low voltage covered todate
- Electrical Installation services for the Cable Bridge across River Nile at Jinja
- The proposed New Chamber of the Parliament of Uganda