Dr. A.M-S. Katahoire, BSc (EE) (Hons), MASc (EE), PhD, MIEE, MUIPE, R.Eng. Managing Partner /Director since the founding of Multi-Konsults in 1981.
After graduation in 1975 worked as an electrical engineer for the National Housing and Construction Corporation. Joined the Department of Electrical Engineering at Makerere University in 1980 as lecturer in Electric Power Systems and Drives, and Energy sources. Subsequently promoted to Senior Lecturer and Head of Department.
In 1984, spent 12 weeks in U.K at various General Electric Company (GEC) factories participating in the design and manufacturing process for power transformers and switchgear.
Experienced in the following areas:
- Design of electrical services for all types of buildings
- Design and commissioning of consumer substation
- Cost estimates for electrical installations,
- Writing specifications, bills of quantities and tender documents for electrical installations,
- Tender analysis
- Post-contract administration of electrical works including interim valuation and final accounts,
- Technical surveys for valuation and rehabilitation of electrical services including plant and machinery.
Other responsibilities include:
- President Uganda Institution of Professional Engineers (1993/1994)
- Vice President of the Uganda Institution of Professional Engineers (1989/93)
- Member Engineers’ Registration Board (1988/1990)
- Honorary Secretary of the Uganda Institution of Professional Engineers (1984/1989)
- National Coordinator of wind power research for African Energy Programme of Commonwealth Science Council,
- Coordinating Secretary and Editor of the national paper for the United Nations Conference of Energy (1981)
- External Examiner in heavy current subjects for the University of Dar-es-salaam and the University of Nairobi